Inside the Startup
New Global Standards For Workforce, Interview With Sue Jauncey, Founder of Appellon
Oct 26, 2020
Tech Founders & Executives
Jauncey explains how organizations should be focused on objective versus personalization based employee wellbeing.
- COVID-19 has presented us an opportunity to set new workforce standards.
- Stop asking employees for their views and opinions; this only increases stress and anxiety in individuals. Instead measure behavior outputs against performance improvements. Human beings like infrastructure, clarity and what’s expected of them.
- Replace personalization with objective driven management.
- Go for the win-win: improvement wellbeing and performance, simultaneously.
- 01:40 – Overview of Appellon – first “culture tech” platform to measure behavioral outputs against performance goals, in real time.
- 04:50 – What does a workforce include in an organization? It’s “skills” organization needs to achieve their objectives.
- 05:47 – What has the past and present taught us about culture? Two topics executives are concerned about: employee productivity and wellbeing. Only two factors make a difference: sense of achievement and connection. Replace personalization with objectivity (working collectively to achieve shared goals), to address intrinsic values.
- 13:20 – What are your clients asking about currently? One example: COVID-19 left no time for personalization yet they worked very well during this crisis.
- 19:10 – Takeaways (see above).