Inside the Startup
Establishing Culture After An Organizational Change, Interview With Alan Snyder, CEO, NowSecure
Oct 05, 2020
Tech Founders & Executives
- Culture is about mutual trust; you have to build and establish it as foundation.
- Culture expands out to be company’s values; i.e. how it interacts with employees, customers and partners.
- 01:28 – Overview of NowSecure
- 02:15 – What does culture mean? It’s about mutual trust, not an adversarial relationship.
- 03:35 – What CEOs might encounter when they are brought in to turn things around; i.e. show me with actions than words.
- 04:50 – How Alan prepares for a new role (hint: most of preparation comes on the job).
- 06:36 – What are the first couple of things you do: cultural piece of building trust and building a successful business, simultaneously.
- 07:50 – Past stories on what Alan has encountered
- 10:15 – How Alan to begins to execute on turning organizations (e.g. focus by doing less, built trust)
- 12:18 – What’s a successful story of turning things around
- 14:25 – Tough decisions Alan has had to make (e.g. letting go of people)
- 16:37 – How this is similar to a pivot
- 17:00 – Takeaways (see above)