Inside the Startup
How To Build A Sales Organization In Your Startup, Interview With Serene Al-Momen, Cofounder & CEO, Senseware
Sep 14, 2020
Tech Founders & Executives
Serene Al-Momen, PhD, Cofounder & CEO, Senseware, shares lessons learned in building a sales organization for her startup.
- It’s ok to iterate, try and improve; it’s part of the startup journey.
- Each organization is unique, so do what’s best for your market and product.
- Move away from cold calling to inbound marketing and land & expand
- Recommendations: Books – Predictable Revenue and Selling to Zebras. Software – Inside Squared.
- 01:15 Overview of Serene’s startup, Senseware
- 03:14 How Senseware can be used in schools during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 06:01 Building a sales organization with the right people, processes and tools
- 07:23 Senseware’s sales model: highly qualified inbound marketing leads with seasoned sales representatives
- 14:27 Sales & marketing tools used by Senseware (e.g. HubSpot, Inside Squared, Salesforce)
- 16:00 Moving away from cold calling to inbound marketing and land & expand (with focus on customer success)
- 17:50 Takeaways (see above)